Hotel dialogue

Making a Complaint at a Hotel


Customer: "Excuse me, I’d like to make a complaint. I've had a terrible night’s sleep because my room is right next to the elevator and I could hear it going up and down all night!"


Receptionist: "Oh, I am terribly sorry to hear that, sir. We aim to provide a quiet environment for all our guests. Let me check what we can do for you right away."


Customer: "This isn't what I expected when I booked a 'deluxe' room. I was assured that it would be a quiet room with all amenities."


Receptionist: "I understand your frustration and I apologize for any miscommunication. Would you allow me to offer you another room? I can assure you it will be in a quiet section of the hotel."


Customer: "I have an important meeting in a couple of hours. I can't afford to be sleepy and irritated. You need to fix this immediately!"


Receptionist: "Absolutely, sir. I am arranging for a room change as we speak. Additionally, we would like to offer you a complimentary breakfast to help make up for the inconvenience."


Customer: "Breakfast doesn’t make up for lost sleep. What about a discount on my room for last night?"


Receptionist: "I understand where you’re coming from, sir. Let me speak with our manager and see what we can do about adjusting your last night's room rate. I’m sure we can come to a satisfactory arrangement."


Customer: "This should have never happened in the first place... I expected better service."


Receptionist: "You’re absolutely right, and we apologize for not meeting your expectations. We value your feedback and will work to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. I'll personally handle your room switch and the billing adjustment. If there’s anything else we can do to improve your stay, please don’t hesitate to let us know."


Customer: "Alright, but I’ll be expecting no further issues during my stay."


Receptionist: "Certainly, sir. I'll make sure of it. If you have any more concerns, you can reach me directly at the reception. I’ll take care of them immediately.”


Answer these questions

1. What is the main reason for the customer's complaint?

2. How was the customer’s room described when making the booking?

3. What immediate solution does the receptionist offer to the customer?

4. Why is the customer particularly concerned about their sleep quality this time?

5. What compensation does the customer initially receive for the inconvenience?

6. What further compensation does the customer seek, apart from the initial offer?

7. How does the receptionist respond to the customer's demand for a discount?

8. What promise does the receptionist make concerning the rest of the customer's stay?

9. In what way does the receptionist assure personal responsibility in handling the situation?

10. How does the customer describe their expectations of the service at the hotel?



Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Writing a letter of complaint

Embracing Regret

Speaking Practice