Present Simple vs Present Continuous

Fill in the blanks using the correct form of the verbs in brackets.


Example: The Earth is round and goes around the sun. (be / go)

Example: I am a bit nervous because I am driving through heavy traffic now. (be / drive)


Part A

  1. I ___ a student. I ___ to school every day. (be / go)
  2. She ___ a nice person. She ____ helping people. (be / like)
  3. Ayşe ___ a teacher. She ___ Maths in a high school. (be / teach)
  4. Who ___ you? I ____ you. (be / not know)
  5. We ___ afraid of dogs. We _____ them. (be / not like)
  6. The English ___ very polite. They always ____ thank you, please and sorry. (be / say)
  7. Heidi ____ a little girl who ____ with her grandfather in the mountains. ((be / live)
  8. Keloğlan ___ bald. He ____ any hair. (be / have)
  9. Mustafa ____ a sociable person. He ____ out much. (not be / not go)
  10. ____ you married? ____ you ____ any children? (be / have)
  11. I ___ in love with you and I ____ you a lot. (be / miss)
  12. Those students ____ really lazy. They ____ studying. (be / hate)
  13. ____ you ____ those birds in the sky? I ___ that they ____ south. (see / think / fly)


Part B

  1. Where ____ you? ____ you _____ from me? (be / hide)
  2. We ___ at a party and ___ a very good time. (be / have)
  3. The weather ___ a bit cold this morning and I ___ my coat. (be / wear)
  4. Who ____ that man and why ____ he _____ outside? (be / wait)
  5. This food ____ terrible and I ____ it. (taste / not eat)
  6. What ____ the matter? Why ____ you ____ at me like that? (be / look)
  7. I ____ bored but I _____ to do anything. (be / not want)
  8. Call me later. I ___ busy at the moment. We ____ hard today. (be / work)
  9. My dad ___ fond of music. He ____ the guitar and ____ songs. (be / play / make)
  10. I ____ into that cave. It ____ dangerous. (not go / look)
  11. ____ you ____ me well? ____ you ____ what I ____? (hear / understand / say)
  12. Today ___ a beautiful day and we ____ for a picnic by the lake. (be / go)
  13. Mum ____ tired and ____ to have a rest at home. She ____ to the cinema with us. (feel / want / not come)

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Writing a letter of complaint

Embracing Regret

Speaking Practice