Can, could, be able to

Complete the sentences with can, can't, could, couldn't, be able to, to be able to, being able to, was able to, were able to, been able to


1. _______ you speak more clearly, please? I _______ understand what your point is.


2. My father _______ play the guitar quite well. Actually he taught me how to play.


3. Yesterday's maths exam was too hard for me. I _______ solve only three problems out of ten.


4. It looks like I meet the requirements for this job position. I _______ apply for it.


5. The boy _______ eat the soup. It was too spicy for him.


6. Although the river was flowing very fast that day, she _______ swim across. 


7. Dan was a great athlete at school. He _______ do many sports well and win most of the competitions.


8. Have you ______ do the physics assignment yet?


9. If you had a super power, what would it be? What would you like  ______ do?


10. At the end of this course, you will ______ write codes for simple video games.


11. When I was a teenager, I ______ make friends easily. Now I have few friends.


12. Ashley enjoys _______ talk with foreign people in their mother tongue. She ______ speak four languages already.



Answers

1 can / can't

2 could

3 was able to

4 can 

5 couldn't

6 was able to

7 could

8 been able to

9 to be able to

10 be able to

11 could

12 being able to / can

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Writing a letter of complaint

Embracing Regret

Speaking Practice